Do you have what it takes to be LiNK’s voice on the web? Online engagement with LiNK's diverse audience is vital to communicating our message to the world! You will play a major role in LiNK’s social media outreach and external communication. This is not a “go make coffee and copies” kind of internship! You will be applying your critical thinking skills to effectively manage, maintain and improve our social media channels.
- Write new content for LiNK’s Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts
- Manage social media accounts and keep content consistent and updated
- Prepare content for newsletters, LiNK’s website, LiNK emails, and other print materials
- Find and cultivate social media contacts to spread the word about LiNK
- Stay on the cutting edge of advertising and content opportunities across the web
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media
- Attention to detail
- A knack for storytelling
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Able to get those creative juices flowing!
- Quick learner, proactive person with strong interpersonal skills
- Photography experience a plus!
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a full-time internship from August 8th to December 12th. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit. Housing is provided for free at the awesome LiNK intern house, as well as use of LiNK vehicles during your internship so that you can commute to and from the office and explore LA!
We aren't able to be flexible with the start and end dates, so if you aren't available for the full term then we encourage you to apply for an internship in the future! We offer internships every spring and fall.