When we say that there is a global movement of support for the North Korean people, we mean it. We have over 275 Rescue Teams at schools and in communities around the world who fundraise to rescue North Korean refugees. Through their hard work (and awesome fundraising ideas!), Rescue Teams have collectively funded about one-third of our rescues. There are also hundreds of individual fundraisers who use online campaign pages to fundraise for rescues in creative ways. As a Grassroots Engagement Intern, you will support the efforts of both teams and individuals, so they can continue to change the narrative on North Korea and fundraise effectively.
- Conduct check-ins via video calls or phone calls and e-mail with fundraisers and Rescue Team leaders to maintain personal and engaging communication.
- Provide guidance to Rescue Teams by developing and communicating strategies for fundraising, member recruitment, and event planning through video calls, phone calls, and e-mails to help Rescue Teams be as effective as they can be in their communities.
- Connect with new fundraisers and newly formed Rescue Teams to provide support and guidance as they get things off the ground!
- Maintain and develop downloadable resources for fundraisers and Rescue Teams.
- Visit local Rescue Teams’ events and meetings to assist with presentations and connect with members face-to-face.
- Help organize a local event for Rescue Teams, fundraisers, and other supporters.
- Engage in brainstorm sessions to develop new ideas and strategies to further improve and grow the impact of this movement.
- Knowledge of fundraising methods and tactics
- Skill in communicating over the phone and email
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Previous involvement in online fundraising or in campus organizations. That means you, current/previous Rescue Team members!
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a full-time internship from January 24th to June 27th. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit. Housing is provided for free at the awesome LiNK intern house in Rancho Palos Verdes, as well as use of LiNK vehicles during your internship so that you can commute to and from the office and explore LA!
We aren't able to be flexible with the start and end dates, so if you aren't available for the full term then we encourage you to apply for an internship in the future! We offer internships every spring, summer, and fall.