We’re all about changing the narrative on North Korea. People over politics. To do this, we need to communicate effectively with the public and ensure that everything we produce reflects our vision. You will have a hands on role in LiNK’s Media Team, working with the team to build LiNK’s brand and grow a global movement to support the North Korean people. This is an incredible volunteer opportunity to work with a dedicated team of creatives on a wide variety of projects. We believe the North Korean people will be free in our lifetime, and we come into work everyday to help make that happen sooner. Your ideas and layouts will help.
- Create visuals (e.g., PDFs, icons, typography) for various mediums by concepting ideas, incorporating feedback from the graphic designer and the creative director, and refining visuals to design any of LiNK’s consumer-facing products.
- Edit photos to be used on the LiNK website and social media (e.g., Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram) by using Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign).
- Design new merchandise and conduct photoshoots of merchandise to be sold in our LiNK shop.
- Work on various long-term projects and be involved in every aspect of the design system to effectively communicate the message of the particular event or project to our supporters and the public.
- Ability to use basic functions of a DSLR
- Skill in operating Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of typography
- Knowledge of pre-press and print production
- Knowledge of web-design standards
- An eye for design and style trends
- Ability to solve problems
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a part-time or full-time internship from February to June. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit.
Housing and transportation may be provided for full-time interns. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in learning more details.
Please note that we are not offering a summer internship at this time. If you're not available this spring, check back later this year to apply for the fall!