We’re all about changing the narrative on North Korea. People over politics. To do this, we need to communicate effectively with the public and ensure that everything we produce reflects our vision. You will have a hands on role in LiNK’s Media Team, working with the team to build LiNK’s brand and grow a global movement to support the North Korean people. This is an incredible volunteer opportunity to work with a dedicated team of creatives on a wide variety of projects. We believe the North Korean people will be free in our lifetime, and we come into work everyday to help make that happen sooner. Your ideas and layouts will help.
- Create visuals (e.g., PDFs, icons, typography) for various mediums by concepting ideas, incorporating feedback from the graphic designer and the creative director, and refining visuals to design any of LiNK’s consumer-facing products.
- Edit photos to be used on the LiNK website and social media (e.g., Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram) by using Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign).
- Design new merchandise and conduct photoshoots of merchandise to be sold in our LiNK shop.
- Work on various long-term projects and be involved in every aspect of the design system to effectively communicate the message of the particular event or project to our supporters and the public.
- Ability to use basic functions of a DSLR
- Skill in operating Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of typography
- Knowledge of pre-press and print production
- Knowledge of web-design standards
- An eye for design and style trends
- Ability to solve problems
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a full-time internship from August 8th to December 12th. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit. Housing is provided for free at the awesome LiNK intern house, as well as use of LiNK vehicles during your internship so that you can commute to and from the office and explore LA!
We aren't able to be flexible with the start and end dates, so if you aren't available for the full term then we encourage you to apply for an internship in the future! We offer internships every spring and fall.