As an accounting & finance intern, you will play a pivotal role in helping the organization pursue financial sustainability and transparency. You will work closely with our Chief Financial Officer on making sure money goes to the right places at the right times so that we can do our life-changing work!
- Assist with day-to-day accounting activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliation.
- Provide support for the organizations expense report and reimbursement process.
- Help to develop and monitor accounting policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audit of financial activity in order to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external financial reports.
- Help to maintain various accounting schedules, such as temporarily restricted net assets, prepaid expenses, depreciation, and accrued expenses.
- Prepare journal entries for posting.
- Assist with the tracking of physical inventory and fixed assets.
- Manage merchandise orders and customer service.
- Education, experience or interest in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to accuracy
- Interest in nonprofit accounting
- Some college level accounting courses completed
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions, INDEX/MATCH functions)
- Experience with QuickBooks for other accounting software
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a full-time internship from August 8th to December 12th. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit. Housing is provided for free at the awesome LiNK intern house, as well as use of LiNK vehicles during your internship so that you can commute to and from the office and explore LA!
We aren't able to be flexible with the start and end dates, so if you aren't available for the full term then we encourage you to apply for an internship in the future! We offer internships every spring and fall.