One of the best ways to change people’s perspective on the North Korean issue is to engage with them face to face, providing them the opportunity to hear directly from our North Korean friends, and activating them within their community to stand alongside the North Korean people. You will play a key role in helping plan and execute a variety of LiNK events throughout Southern California and around the country as we continue to change the narrative and raise the funds necessary to help more people reach freedom. In addition to events, you will work alongside our development team to ensure LiNK’s donors understand the key role they play in our mission.
- Work with Events Manager to identify and develop event opportunities to support development goals
- Help develop detailed special event plans aligned with agreed-upon goals
- Gather quotes from special event vendors and provide recommendations
- Assist in training volunteer teams
- Work with Events Manager in executing all event logistics
- Research local & national events and conferences LiNK should have a presence at
- Analyze metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of special events and activities by ensuring accurate tracking of event participants and reporting results
- Work hands-on at events to ensure events run smoothly, including setting up, sound checking, tearing down, and more
- Serve as a liaison between LiNK HQ and event hosts
- Help execute a recognition program designed to cultivate and solicit support from individual donors
- Assist in a full range of activities associated with individual donor programs to include recognition events and cultivation activities
- Order and manage stewardship and event, cultivation, and stewardship materials
- Research and present best practices around giving club, and other donor cultivation practice to maintain and grow LiNK’s donor base
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong decision making ability and intuition
- Ability to think creatively about a variety of challenges
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Quick learner, proactive person with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to drive and have access to a car
- Some night & weekend availability required
- Fluency in Korean is a plus but not required
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a part-time or full-time internship from Aug 7 to Dec 11.
We offer stipends! Full-time interns receive $500/monthly and part-time interns receive a pro-rated amount. We can also help you earn school credit.
Please note that we are not offering a summer internship at this time.