When we say that there is a global movement of support for the North Korean people, we mean it. There are hundreds of Rescue Teams (student and community groups), individual fundraisers, and donors around the world who raise funds for programs that support North Korean refugees and change the narrative on North Korea to focus on the people. They use their passion, creativity, and dedication to host events, reach out to their social networks, and bring attention to the North Korean people.
As an Engagement Intern, you will encourage and build relationships with our supporters so that they can be empowered to use their time and resources to stand with the North Korean people. This is a great opportunity to get hands on experience and engage with our incredible donors, Rescue Teams, and fundraisers, gain exposure to non-profit fundraising and development, and strengthen the movement! You will work closely with the Engagement Coordinators and fellow Engagement Interns.
- Conduct check-ins via video calls or phone calls and e-mail with fundraisers and Rescue Team leaders to maintain personal and engaging communication.
- Make personalized phone calls to Donors to thank them for their support and update them on the impact of their donations.
- Provide guidance to Rescue Teams by developing and communicating strategies for fundraising, member recruitment, and event planning through video calls, phone calls, and e-mails.
- Connect with new fundraisers and newly formed Rescue Teams to provide support and guidance as they get things off the ground.
- Create downloadable guides and resources for fundraisers and Rescue Teams.
- Participate in occasional visits to local Rescue Teams’ events and meetings to assist with presentations and connect with members face-to-face.
- Prepare and mail handwritten thank you cards for donors.
- Engage in brainstorming sessions to develop new ideas and strategies to further improve and grow the impact of this movement.
- Thank teams and fundraisers for the impact they are making.
- Contact inactive donors whose information is outdated to get new billing information, and to retain their support.
- Manage the Donor Relations email account as well as general donation phone inquiries to provide information and support to potential and current donors.
- Assist the Engagement Coordinator with tasks related to supporters and events in the region as they arise.
- Skill in communicating over the phone and email
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising methods and tactics
- Previous involvement in online fundraising or in campus organizations. That means you, current/previous Rescue Team members!
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a part-time or full-time internship from February to June. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit.
Housing and transportation may be provided for full-time interns. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more details.
Please note that we are not offering a summer internship at this time. If you're not available this spring, check back later this year to apply for the fall!