We have the best supporters. From the more than 1,000 people who commit to donating monthly, to the people around the world who shop in our store and rep LiNK worldwide, it’s their support that fuels our work and proves that there is a global movement of support for the North Korean people. This is a great opportunity to get hands on experience and engage with our incredible donors, gain exposure to non-profit fundraising and development, and strengthen the movement!
- Make personalized phone calls to Liberty Donors to thank them for their support and update them on the impact of their donations.
- Prepare and mail handwritten thank you cards for large one-time donors.
- Contact inactive donors whose information is outdated to get new billing information, and to retain their support.
- Manage the Donor Relations email account as well as general donation phone inquiries to provide information and support to potential and current donors.
- Assist the development team in implementing possible summer fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be comfortable on the phone
- Respectful, enthusiastic, personable
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks at a time
- Knowledge of online payment systems
- Spreadsheet whiz
- Customer service experience
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a full-time internship from August 23rd to December 13th. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit. Housing is provided at the LiNK intern house, as well as use of LiNK vehicles during your internship.
We aren't able to be flexible with the start and end dates, so if you aren't available for the full term then we encourage you to apply for an internship in the future! We offer internships every spring, summer, and fall.