We have the best supporters. From the more than 1,000 people who commit to donating monthly, to the people around the world who shop in our store and rep LiNK worldwide, it’s their support that fuels our work and proves that there is a global movement of support for the North Korean people. This is a great opportunity to get hands on experience and engage with our incredible donors, gain exposure to non-profit fundraising and development, and strengthen the movement!
As a Development Intern, you will encourage and build relationships with our supporters so that they can be empowered to use their time and resources to stand with the North Korean people. You will work closely with the Regional Coordinator, the Movement Intern assigned to your region, and fellow Development Intern.
- Make personalized phone calls to Donors to thank them for their support and update them on the impact of their donations.
- Manage the donor database and make necessary updates.
- Prepare and mail handwritten thank you cards for large one-time donors.
- Contact inactive donors whose information is outdated to get new billing information, and to retain their support.
- Manage the Donor Relations email account as well as general donation phone inquiries to provide information and support to potential and current donors.
- Assist the development team in implementing possible fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Assist the Regional Coordinator with tasks related to supporters and events in the region as they arise.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with online databases and spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be comfortable on the phone
- Respectful, enthusiastic, personable
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks at a time
- Knowledge of online payment systems
- Spreadsheet whiz
- Customer service experience
You'll be working out of our sweet office, a.k.a., LiNK HQ in Long Beach, CA. This is being offered as a full-time internship from August 8th to December 12th. The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly help you earn school credit. Housing is provided for free at the awesome LiNK intern house, as well as use of LiNK vehicles during your internship so that you can commute to and from the office and explore LA!
We aren't able to be flexible with the start and end dates, so if you aren't available for the full term then we encourage you to apply for an internship in the future! We offer internships every spring and fall.